The ACCME offers employees the opportunity to contribute to the future of accredited continuing medical education.
ACCME seeks to recruit individuals who support the ACCME’s mission to identify, develop, and promote standards for quality continuing medical education that improves healthcare for patients and their communities. The ACCME has a staff of approximately 25 employees and is committed to providing a professional, and positive work environment based on a model of quality assurance and continuous improvement. It offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and more.
Career opportunities will be posted to this page as they become available. The following open positions are listed on this page:
ACCME is the national accrediting organization for providers of continuing medical education. It fosters a professional, client-focused atmosphere that emphasizes accountability, integrity, open-mindedness, excellence and quality.
The Applications Analyst performs a critical role in the continuous improvement of ACCME’s Accreditation Management System (AMS), and the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS). The person who fills this position will work closely with ACCME’s information technology, accreditation and education teams to ensure that ACCME’s web applications deliver high quality services that meet the needs of accredited organizations and other stakeholders in the ACCME system.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Establishing a thorough understanding of the accreditation process for providers seeking accreditation in the ACCME system.
- Acquiring expertise in the purpose, capabilities and points of integration of the portal system used to facilitate the accreditation process and fulfillment of ACCME requirements.
- Serving as the Super User/Admin for the accreditation portal system. In close collaboration with the accreditation services team, defining workflows, reports, and data collection instruments within the portal to facilitate the accreditation process for CME providers.
- Identifying and documenting opportunities for improvement or issues with the portal system. This includes identifying the root cause of issues and recommending efficient, effective strategies for addressing them.
- Serving on the systems design and implementation project teams as needed, and helping to define requirements and perform Quality Assurance and User Acceptance testing of new system features. Working with the software developer as needed.
- Preparing and/or editing training materials and resources.
- Leading support for portal users on user-reported issues, as well as when roll-outs of new features take place. Providing consistent, accurate information to accredited providers about the use of the AMS and PARS. This requires answering email or phone questions from accredited providers about their implementation, and recognizing when to escalate issues to ACCME senior staff.
- Implementing best practices for creating and maintaining system documentation for system users and administrators.
- Working with the education team to identify needs of users and designing educational interventions that are effective at meeting those needs.
- Participating in educational sessions with users and providing instruction on ACCME’s use of the AMS and PARS to new employees as a part of the on-boarding process. These sessions may be web-based or in-person. Schedule sessions and draft agendas.
- Collaborating with internal teams and external stakeholders to creatively solve problems and brainstorm solutions.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited degree program and a minimum of three to five years of professional work experience.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional is required. The candidate must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and must demonstrate strong attention to detail, with a focus on producing quality, error-free work. Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to provide friendly, efficient customer support with a passion for solving problems and helping others is also required. The successful candidate will have a high degree of comfort with presenting information to individuals and groups in a learning environment. Experience with the life-cycle of applications development, including requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, systems implementation, and writing end-user application guides and instructions is required. Experience with an accreditation or credentialing organization is preferred but not required.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, references, and salary requirements to The Synergy Companies, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.